- Stars (0)
Last Updated: 29-06-2020 10:48
This is the current version of AFL Victoria’s Return to Play Protocols. They may well change as matters develop but please take some time to review the protocols and take those steps necessary to comply.
Some recent developments (24/06/2020) include:
- Full-contact training and full-contact competitions may resume for players (aged 18 years and under) without any limit on the number of participants, although gathering rules apply to spectators.
- For players 18 years and under, groups of 20 are no longer relevant and full squads can train together.
- Spectators for training and competitions must abide by public gathering restrictions. This means that spectators should be in groups of no more than 10 people in open, outdoor venues and spread out around the ground or venue. Spectators must keep 1.5 meters apart.
- Gathering limits will not apply to participants and those reasonably necessary to conduct the training or competition (e.g. umpires, coaches).
- These are rules that everyone needs to follow and override anything sent out previously.
- The Protocols have been prepared by the AFL, and are recognised as a set of minimum standards to follow.